WORD OF WARNING TO POSTERS
To everyone who received the pornographic posting from an individual on the discussion forum recently, or for those who were unfortunate enough to view the material on our site, we would like to extend sincere apologies. We only have a skeleton crew on during the summer - and their primary responsibility is not to the web site, but to our services to power companies. I too am on holidays right now and so I haven't been able to read/respond to e-mail recently. Sherry (thankfully) had the presence of mind to FAX us, which got our attention right away.
Here are the actions we have taken thus far:
1. The individual who posted the inappropriate image has been identified, as well as their ISP. His IP address (and a bulk portion of their ISP's addresses) have been banned from accessing anything spacew.com related.
2. We have contacted their ISP and have provided them with logs, screen-captured images of the activity, and other resources that will definitively allow them to take action against this individual.
3. We have requested that the ISP (hawaiiantel.net) either provide us with evidence that they have taken action against this individual (with details of the action taken), or provide us with sufficient information to go forward with legal charges against this individual.
4. ALL NEW MEMBERS MUST NOW BE EXPLICITLY APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR BEFORE BEING ALLOWED IN.
5. We have promoted Jeff Bishop and Ulrich Rieth to have Administrator Rights to help us monitor this activity and approve new members.
WORD OF WARNING TO POSTERS: Abide by the rules of conduct you agreed to when you registered, or expect a thorough investigation and (eventually) a letter from our lawyers. If you think we're joking, think again. Many of our services are treated seriously by the United States HOMELAND SECURITY. If you don't think they take security seriously, THINK AGAIN!
The activity that has occurred on this forum to-date is unacceptable and we will begin persuing these matters more vigorously and with far greater seriousness from now on. The last straw has been broken.